error: WProgram.h: No such file or directory - Libraries in the wrong place?

:( So I just hooked up my Arduino UNO and tried to upload the example 'Blink' code when this awful message showed up:

Blink.cpp:8:22: error: WProgram.h: No such file or directory Blink.cpp: In function 'void setup()': Blink:10: error: 'OUTPUT' was not declared in this scope Blink:10: error: 'pinMode' was not declared in this scope Blink.cpp: In function 'void loop()': Blink:14: error: 'HIGH' was not declared in this scope Blink:14: error: 'digitalWrite' was not declared in this scope Blink:15: error: 'delay' was not declared in this scope Blink:16: error: 'LOW' was not declared in this scope

I'm guessing that my libraries are out of whack somehow, but I am not sure where to go from here. Any suggestions?

I would just delete the arduino core and reinstall from a fresh distrubution.

Lefty

As in delete the whole thing and download the software zip file again? Probably better than haphazardly rearranging the files like I'm doing right now. I'll try that - thanks.

pgiraffe8: As in delete the whole thing and download the software zip file again? Probably better than haphazardly rearranging the files like I'm doing right now. I'll try that - thanks.

Yes. Your user sketches and contributive libraries will not be deleted as they are not located in the arduino core folder with all the IDE, tool chain, and core libraries. Just unzip a new installation. You shouldn't have to reinstall the USB driver.

By the way you can have more then one version of the arduino core installed on your PC with no interaction problems, I still have versions from 18 on installed.

Lefty

It worked! Woohoo! Thanks so much.