Error's during upload to Arduino Mega 2560

I am getting these errors when uploading:

avrdude: stk500v2_recv(): checksum error avrdude: verification error, first mismatch at byte 0x074e 0x50 != 0x00 avrdude: verification error; content mismatch

I successfully uploaded the blink sketch and it worked fine. Any ideas?

I am using Arduino Mega 2560 with a Ramps 1.4 shield for a 3D printer. I am uploading Repetier config files via Arduino 1.6.8 IDE

Bad flash memory? Does it always fail at the same byte address with mismatch?

Any ideas?

You have some code you haven't showed us.

You are trying to upload to a Mega that may, or may not, have stuff attached to it's serial port. You failed to post a link to the device connected to the Mega.

So, my idea is to toss the shield connected to the Mega into the trash can and try again.

Solved it..somehow.

I read a few posts and I tried a bunch of random ideas. One or some of these fixed it. - I turned off the power supply to the Arduino and just used the USB - Pressed reset while uploading which generated an error - Next I switchd the processor from Mega 2560 to 1280 which also generated an error - I finally switched it back to 2560 and reuploaded which worked..

If this doesn't make sense I am sorry but I have been trying it for an couple hours and this somehow worked.

MarkT sorry I didnt keep track of that. I do not want to try it again since it works now.

PaulS just for reference I was using Repetier code http://www.repetier.com/firmware/v092/ and Ramps 1.4 http://reprap.org/wiki/RAMPS_1.4

All works fine now!

I spoke to soon. I had to reupload and it isn't working anymore.

This is the new error:

avrdude: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout avrdude: stk500v2_recv(): checksum error avrdude: stk500v2_recv(): checksum error avrdude: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout avrdude: verification error, first mismatch at byte 0x5dd1 0x04 != 0x93 avrdude: verification error; content mismatch

This is the new error

How is that different from the first error?

Are you still trying to upload code to the Mega when the shield is attached? When will that get old enough for you to stop doing that?

jininjin: Arduino 1.6.8 IDE

Where did you obtain that scam software IDE 1.6.8?

As far as I know the latest official IDE at arduino.cc is IDE 1.6.7 This is what I see on the downloa page https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/Softwarehttps://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/Software

Where do you obtain scam software like Arduino 1.6.8 IDE before this software version is officially released and offered for download on arduino.cc website?

Since when are hourly builds a scam?

oqibidipo: Since when are hourly builds a scam?

Since when are hourly builds for clueless newbies?

oqibidipo: Since when are hourly builds a scam?

Are "hourly builds" on arduino.cc currently identifying themself as IDE 1.6.8?

If so, I'd stop using that hourly build version after it creates unpredictable error messages.

I'd then prefer a tested and officially released version like IDE 1.6.5-r5 or IDE 1.6.7 (latest officially released version until today). Or maybe wait another hour or two and then download the next hourly build in hope of error fixing within the last few hours.

"Hourly build" versions are made for `real version junkies, who cannot live half a day without installing an updated version, arent' they?

Those hourly build versions are not made for people who want to see existing bugs in existing release versions fixed, but for persons who always want to be the first seeing new bugs and new error messages, right?

Hostile much?

Ok this clueless noob was clueless and accidentally downloaded the nightly build. It was late I downloaded the wrong build. I am not familiar with Arduino much. I have only used it a few times to upload firmware to use for controllers for my 3D printers and CNC. I rarely change the settings after I upload. This means I uploaded new firmware once a year.

jurs no they are not identified like that. I made a mistake. Thanks for pointing this out.

Both you and MarkT stayed classy. Thanks for the help for someone who is not as fluent with this lovely controller. Everyone else that were negative here please go troll a different forum. You will turn off any new user that wants to learn something new.

You will turn off any new user that wants to learn something new.

You mean like people who haven't clue how to swim jumping in the deep end of the pool, like you?

I don't understand the reason for your post. Yes a new user like myself.

Quick update; the errors are still occurring.

I am not sure if this is related but does Arduino library updates affect uploading? I noticed uploading to my laptop in a different room where wifi is very weak it is hit and miss. The updater pops up just around the time the upload appears to timeout. There is a delay with error messages around that time too. I end up 6-8 error messages 1 or 2 mins after the lights on the Arduino stop.

If I move the laptop closer to my wifi it appears to work. My desktop works flawlessly too.

Seems odd that if that is it but I am not sure what the difference is. Uploading with the shield on and off both works fine when plugged into my desktop.

Specs:

Arduino Mega 2560 using Arduino 1.6.7 Win 7 USB 2.0 Small sketches appear to work fine. Uploading 2mb sketch (Repetier firmware - 36 sketches via ino file)