Errors when attempting to use the AudioFrequencyMeter library

Hello all.

Some may have seen me yesterday asking about a different issue, but for those who haven't I am currently working on a school project and building a digital tuning device with LCD and audio output. As such, I need to be able to read the frequency of a particular note from a microphone in order to analyze what the note should be at perfect pitch frequency.

After some research I determined the easiest way to do this was to utilize the AudioFrequencyMeter library, since it seems said library was developed for this exact purpose. After ironing out all the other errors in my code, however, I was given an "Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Uno" without an indicator for any particular line of my code. The full log is too long to post, but it seems to be mostly pointer errors. However one notice at the very top of the log concerns me:

WARNING: library AudioFrequencyMeter claims to run on (samd) architecture(s) and may be incompatible with your current board which runs on (avr) architecture(s).

If the architecture is incompatible I don't have easy access to other arduino models. What might be the problem, and what can I do to fix it? If it can't be fixed, is there a way to record frequencies from a microphone input using the board I have?

Thanks for any help as always.

What might be the problem

That would be really hard to say without a link to the library and without knowing which Arduino you are using.

If I had to guess, though, I'd guess that the library needs the speed or additional memory of the ARM processor boards.

I'm not sure how to link a library, but indeed I had not noticed that the AudioFrequencyMeter library was designed for SAMD architecture, so it looks like I'm back to square one on figuring out how to obtain the input I require, unless I can potentially obtain another board (I'm currently using Arduino Uno). The only other board type I know we have at my campus is a couple Megas, but I don't think those are SAMD.

Is there a way to record audio frequencies from a mic input without this library on AVR architecture? I would prefer to engineer a different solution than getting an entirely new board if possible, since deadlines are coming up and I still want time to refine the circuit and code.

but I don't think those are SAMD.

They are also AVR boards. The Teensys (not Arduinos, but programmable using the Arduino IDE) are SAMD boards.