errors with library <WifiClientSecure.h>

I’m using an Arduino Uno board with a WiFi shield and I keep getting errors when I include the library <WiFiClientSecure.h>

The first error I get is

queue.h: No such file or directory 
 #include <queue.h> 

^
compilation terminated.
exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino Uno WiFi.

But I’ve also gotten similar errors saying #include and #include . I have no idea what these are but the library <queue.h> does exist in the directory Arduino/tools/sdk/include.

I need this library to use the IFTTT maker code like:

WiFiClientSecure client; 
IFTTTMaker ifttt(KEY, client);
String ipAddress = "";

What should I do? Thanks!

Arduino Uno WiFi is a board with integrated esp8266, not an Uno with WiFi shield.

I'm assuming you're talking about the WiFiClientSecure.h that's part of the ESP8266WiFi library bundled with the ESP8266 core for Arduino.

That library is written for directly programming the ESP8266. The microcontroller you're attempting to compile for is the ATmega328P. The ESP8266WiFi library is not compatible with the ATmega328P so you can't do this.

zxrycyan:
I'm using an Arduino Uno board with a WiFi shield

Which WiFi shield?

Juraj:
Arduino Uno WiFi is a board with integrated esp8266, not an Uno with WiFi shield.

Even if I compile for Arduino/Genuino Uno instead of Arduino Uno WiFi board, the same error shows up.

pert:
I'm assuming you're talking about the WiFiClientSecure.h that's part of the ESP8266WiFi library bundled with the ESP8266 core for Arduino.

That library is written for directly programming the ESP8266. The microcontroller you're attempting to compile for is the ATmega328P. The ESP8266WiFi library is not compatible with the ATmega328P so you can't do this.

What kind of library should I use then? Are there special libraries for ATmega328P / where can I find them?

pert:
Which WiFi shield?

Wifi R3 I think.

Thank you!

zxrycyan:
Even if I compile for Arduino/Genuino Uno instead of Arduino Uno WiFi board, the same error shows up.

Yes, that's to be expected. You can only use that library with an ESP8266 board. If you want to stick to using your Uno you need to completely forget about using the ESP8266WiFi library, it will never work.

zxrycyan:
Wifi R3 I think.

That's not very clear. Please post a link to where you bought the shield (use the chain links icon on the toolbar to make the link clickable) or a picture of the shield. There are a number of different WiFi shields and you need to use the correct library for your shield.