ESP-01 DHT11 not connecting to network

Because getting my ESP-01 DHT11 combi working was a big problem and I didn’t find the solution anywhere on the internet I hope it may help others by charing it here.

Because I wanted to use a temperature measurement and had the ESP-01 DHT11 combi still laying around I installed the script I found on the Internet. But everything I tried no connection with my network was achieved. I did have more of them and tried them to to be sure that it was not a broken one I was working with. I also tried different kinds of examples, but they also didn’t work.

After a while I tried a NodeMCU I also have with one of the examples and that worked without any problem. Also the script for the ESP-01 DHT11 combi loaded well and it made a correct connection with my home network. Nice, but why didn’t the ESP-01 do its work? I still don’t know.

But than I did something that doesn’t seem right, but I just wanted to try something else. So I choose for the board the Generic ESP8285 Module instead of the Generic ESP8266 Module that normaly goes with the ESP-01. And after reloading the script everything works. I really don’t know why and maybe some has an explanation for it, but it works and that is what mattered to me.

I hope it may be some help to someone.

I would compare the data sheets and application notes for any major difference.
Something makes them different. That diiference clearly knocked You over.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.