ESP 8266-01 bricked

Hi, I started spending time on ESP wifi module quite a few days ago, and I acknowledged many problems. Currently i had a hard time uploading a sketch onto the ESP via arduino uno ( i do not own USB-UART converter besides that). After i "successfully" uploaded a classic "blink" program, I have lost the ability to communicate with ESP via serial monitor, not to mention using any AT commands. The thing is altho i succesfully uploaded a program, it did not work ( the LED did not blink). I decided to flash the newest firmware once more in hope that maybe that would solve the problem. At first i thought it actually worked since the blue LED started to blink. It took me some time to understand that it is blinking way faster than it should in the "blink" program, and something is propably not working well. I was unable to ever upload any new program to it again. I also tried flashing it once again but it ended with errors every time. This is an error i got when i tried to flash:

....._____....._____....._____....._____....._____....._____....._____....._____....._____....._____[2019-03-04 03:30:59,186][ESP8266Loader_spi[1]][espDownloader.py][line:351][ERROR]: Chip sync error: Failed to connect to ESP8266: Timed out waiting for packet header
[2019-03-04 03:30:59,187][ESP8266Loader_spi[1]][espDownloader.py][line:439][ERROR]: ESP8266 Chip sync error esp_sync_blocking.

and this is an error i got when i tried to upload a sketch:

Arduino: 1.8.8 (Windows 10), Board: "Generic ESP8266 Module, 80 MHz, Flash, Disabled, ck, 26 MHz, 40MHz, DOUT (compatible), 512K (no SPIFFS), 2, v2 Lower Memory, Disabled, None, Only Sketch, 115200"

Sketch uses 258620 bytes (51%) of program storage space. Maximum is 499696 bytes.
Global variables use 26696 bytes (32%) of dynamic memory, leaving 55224 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 81920 bytes.
warning: espcomm_sync failed
error: espcomm_open failed
error: espcomm_upload_mem failed
error: espcomm_upload_mem failed

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

Please let me know if there is some solution to this. Thank You in advance :)

Krulicusek: After i "successfully" uploaded a classic "blink" program, I have lost the ability to communicate with ESP via serial monitor, not to mention using any AT commands.

That is the expected result. When you upload a sketch to the ESP8266, it erases the AT firmware.

Krulicusek: I decided to flash the newest firmware

Do you mean the AT firmware?

Krulicusek: and this is an error i got when i tried to upload a sketch:

There is some advice about this here (though I don't know whether it will apply to your specific situation): https://arduino-esp8266.readthedocs.io/en/2.5.0/faq/a01-espcomm_sync-failed.html

pert:
That is the expected result. When you upload a sketch to the ESP8266, it erases the AT firmware.

I thought that the option in arduino IDE to erase only sketch leaving “wifi settings” means AT commends would work.

pert:
Do you mean the AT firmware?

Yes
I will try finding solution on the link you gave me, will let You know if it worked for me.

Capture.PNG

Krulicusek: I thought that the option in arduino IDE to erase only sketch leaving "wifi settings" means AT commends would work.

I just did a test to be sure and this is not correct. When you upload the sketch, it overwrites the memory where the AT firmware is stored and so you can no longer use the AT firmware (the sketch you uploaded becomes the new firmware). The WiFi settings are stored in a different area of the flash memory from the AT firmware.

Oh, and by the way.. I can successfully upload a sketch, then the newest AT firmware, then back to uploading a sketch with no problems in uploading, though I don't know whether I'm doing the same exact process as you.

Okey, so finally i succeeded at uploading a program that actually works. I had to follow all the instructions I've found here Program ESP8266 Via Arduino Uno. It does not work every time, but after doing the procedure 2-3 times the program gets uploaded.