ESP to Arduino Serial bridge with Avrdude

is it possible to use an esp to host a tcp server for communication throughout network and at the same time be able to flash the arduinos firmware with the same esp. i dont know a lot about the code but they way i picture it is, To use the esp as a serial bridge and relay the imcoming information from the arduinso serial to the proper tcp server AND still have the ability to flash the arduino. please someone chime in here it would be really appreciated

Quick answer, Yes you can use an ESP to program an Arduino.

There must be code out there cos I am sure I did not start from scratch when I looked.

Hiddenvision:
Quick answer, Yes you can use an ESP to program an Arduino.

There must be code out there cos I am sure I did not start from scratch when I looked.

i found this and it looks promising. the way i’m trying to use the esp i will have multiple slave nodes that connect to the master module that has a esp in (STA) mode. the master will communicate through its network to the slave nodes. I will want also use ap mode on the master to connect it to my home network so i can communicate to the master through a tcp client. i will send the master a command from my tcp client and it can forward it to the salve node if needed. i will have all the esp’s in both (sta and ap) mode so that i can conenct to them and flash the arduino through the serial bridge with avrdude. are you following me will this work?

do you want to wire the esp and the Arduino over SPI or Serial or both?

and what Arduino?

Juraj:
do you want to wire the esp and the Arduino over SPI or Serial or both?

and what Arduino?

it could be wired however it has to be in order to work. the master uses an arduino mega and the slaves use arduino duemilanove .I do however have a mcufirend tft attached to the mega.

Humm, nice, that looks like it will do the thing.

If you have multiple devices then you may want to save the new binary to a central location and then the ESP's can simply check on a schedule or on command.

The ESP has onboard storage so you could download any new firmware to spiffs and then flash the Arduino directly from that.

Also look into the HTTP update stuff for the ESP so you can reflash those remotely also.

Hiddenvision:
Humm, nice, that looks like it will do the thing.

If you have multiple devices then you may want to save the new binary to a central location and then the ESP’s can simply check on a schedule or on command.

The ESP has onboard storage so you could download any new firmware to spiffs and then flash the Arduino directly from that.

Also look into the HTTP update stuff for the ESP so you can reflash those remotely also.

this seems like a GREAT idea but i’m afraid it might be a little over me head. right now i just use avrdude and esplink. i point avrdude to esplink ipaddress and hit enter and it flashes the hex file.

im looking to hire someone to help me write this code if your interested message me

notsolowki's post in Gigs and Collaborations:

you could try WiFiLink GitHub - jandrassy/arduino-firmware-wifilink: Arduino WiFi Link firmware for ESP8266 based boards

It is strange that you have Nanos with NodeMcus. What do the Nanos do what the NodeMcu can't do alone?