esp01 programming using Arduino uno

hi everyone i am new here and i hoped that you can help me with my struggle , i want to activate a relay using esp01 , and i want to send the command using my mobile and an application i downloaded from play store,i searched a lot and i couldn't benefit from anything i read, can you help me please?

yazan666:
i couldn't benefit from anything i read

Are you expecting someone to do the entire project for you?

no , of course not , and even if they do i wont accept ,but i need some reference or a book or something like that

yazan666:
no , of course not , and even if they do i wont accept ,but i need some reference or a book or something like that

But you wrote that you didn't understand anything of what you read.

How is a book going to be different?

can you program the esp-01? uploading a Blink sketch to it?

yes i blinked an external led and the built in led

ok. and can you wire and program the relay?

i can wire the relay , but am not sure about the programming i am trying to use the udp library , but i am really confused , i keep getting connection failed on my phone : this is what i came up with so far

#include <ESP8266WiFi.h>
#include <ESP8266WiFiAP.h>
#include <ESP8266WiFiGeneric.h>
#include <ESP8266WiFiMulti.h>
#include <ESP8266WiFiScan.h>
#include <ESP8266WiFiSTA.h>
#include <ESP8266WiFiType.h>
#include <WiFiClient.h>
#include <WiFiClientSecure.h>
#include <WiFiServer.h>
#include <WiFiUdp.h>
char nena[2] ;
WiFiUDP
void setup() {
// put your setup code here, to run once:
WiFi.begin();
WiFiUDP.begin(9995);
pinMode(2,OUTPUT);
digitalWrite(2,LOW);
}

void loop() {
// put your main code here, to run repeatedly:
WiFiUDP.read(nena,2);
digitalWrite(2,LOW);
if(nena == ‘a’)
{
digitalWrite(2,HIGH);
}

}

you could use Blynk

can you please give me the steps of operation
i am more experienced with pic micro controller libraries , so this is all new to me, thank you for your patience

Getting Started
Sketch builder

THANK YOU MY FRIEND IT WORKED.....but it needs a router i was hoping that i could use the esp01 as the router it self any way to accomplish that

yazan666:
but it needs a router i was hoping that i could use the esp01 as the router it self any way to accomplish that

Blynk is a cloud service. you can switch the relay from anywhere.
you want to access it only from LAN?
the simplest would be running a webserver in esp8266 and access it from browser from phone or computer.
or running plain telnet server and writing your own android application which would communicate over socket.

so if i want to use an android application i should also download its library ? , the one i downloaded named wifi mcu if you could check it i will be greatful , but really i wont to avoid using esp01 as a web server, my idea is to use the application i mentioned above to send a command to esp01 , the esp01 reads the command and decides to turn the gpio2 on or off , my problem is that i didnt understand which library i should use(server,client or udp) i tried to use them but i couldnt make a connection , so i came here for help.

I do no see a link to an application in your posts

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rago.mr.tcp_udp_remotecontrol&hl=en

it is something outdated, without docs. May be it requires a corresponding firmware.

hi
well...i have been working with the esp 01 for the past few days , and now i am able to use it with blynk and web servers , honestly i followed the tutorials online and it worked , i couldnt write my own code and i was hoping to use the esp8266 without the presence of an external network , any advices for me?

sorry no. I do not know any ready android application and corresponding esp8266 library.

on the esp side a simple telnet server could receive the command from java from a simple android application.

no i meant that if there is a way to use esp8266 without an external wifi network , like if i want to use it for a garage door