ESP32 and FCC Certification

We are using an ESP32 and applying for FCC Certification on a product called "CCU". The Testing Lab is asking for control over certain parameters of the ESP32 module for testing. I have limited experience with Wifi and wanted to get second opinions on my answers.

We are using ESP32 Wifi only in station mode, connected to a router.

Using these Arduino libraries

#include <WiFi.h>
#include <WiFiClient.h>
#include <WebServer.h>
#include <ESPmDNS.h>
#include <Update.h>
#include <HTTPClient.h>

The Testing Lab is asking for control over the following parameters. The Testing Lab isn't fully versed on how the CCU works so they may be asking general questions/making assumptions that are not relevant to our CCU product...?

1. The ability to select the Channel - Answer: Since the CCU acts as a station it is therefore dependent on the router's channel and can't be manipulated.

2. Control over the Modulation type (802.11b/g/n, for example) - Answer: The CCU is in station(client) mode and therefore dependent on the router's modulation type... Is that correct or can the b/g/n be limited/controlled on the ESP32?

3. Control over the Data Rates - ??? I can't find documentation on controlling wifi data rates.

4. Control over the Power Levels - I found 12 different power levels controlled with "WiFi.setTxPower(WIFI_POWER_MINUS_1dBm); WiFi.setTxPower(WIFI_POWER_2dBm);..." for example. I believe this is what they need control over. I've written this into the firmware.

Any insight or advice is appreciated!

Try telling them their questions are not relevant.
Paul

API Reference - ESP32 - — ESP-IDF Programming Guide latest documentation (espressif.com)

Open the CCU and see if there is an ESP32 module/circuit board. It may have an FCC cert number on it.

Or go to espressif.com and search for "fcc certification".