ESP32 and SHT-30 Weatherproof Humidity Sensor

Apologies for the very newbie question but I recently picked up an Adafruit HUZZAH32 - ESP32 Feather and an SHT-30 Mesh-protected Humidity sensor and I am struggling to figure out how to connect it up.

My main issue is I cannot identify the type of connectors on the wires. They don't fit into a breadboard or the headers on the Feather (I bought the one with the stacking headers already installed). What would I hook them up to? Am I missing some sort of board, shield, or feather?

Next, I want to actually reduce the length of the cable to tidy things up, if I snip off the included connectors, can I buy a connector that would plug into a breadboard or header directly?

Thanks in advance for the guidance.

Feather: Assembled Adafruit HUZZAH32 – ESP32 Feather Board [with Stacking Headers] : ID 3619 : $21.95 : Adafruit Industries, Unique & fun DIY electronics and kits
Sensor: SHT-30 Mesh-protected Weather-proof Temperature/Humidity Sensor [1M Cable] : ID 4099 : $24.95 : Adafruit Industries, Unique & fun DIY electronics and kits

if the existing connectors will not fit into a breadbaord you can use breadboard screw terminals (do a web srearch for the topic) - this would also enable you to shorten the cable

ryanarmstrong:
Apologies for the very newbie question but I recently picked up an Adafruit HUZZAH32 - ESP32 Feather and an SHT-30 Mesh-protected Humidity sensor and I am struggling to figure out how to connect it up.

Yes, those sensor wires are made for screw terminals and not for breadboard.

The tip from horace is really good, I have not seen these before.

While you wait for these to arrive, you could use a thin copper wire and wind it tight around the sensor wires and plug that into your breadboard. Make sure they do not short connect. Keep them short.

Just FYI, this technique was used in telecommunication for many decades. :slight_smile: