ESP32 Bluetooth

Hello,

I am currently trying to get two ESP-WROOM-32 to communicate with each other via Bluetooth.

In the past, I have used HC-05 to do this via BTSerial, this has worked perfectly many times. However, now I want to have a bit more processing power, so iI wanted to try the ESP32's.. However, I am right now going pretty crazy as I can't get the ESP's to work in any way, with my existing sketches..

Do anyone have any easy tutorials in order to get two ESP32's to communicate with each other via bluetooth?

The ones I can find are extremly complicated, with GATT services and many things like that.

I simply want to be able to send simple data back and forth between two ESP's with Bluetooth.

Any and all help is deeply appreciated!

Maybe try BluetoothSerial.h from the ESP32 arduino libraries.

The example looks extremely simple. I have not tried this library though. I might give it a try sometime this week. Bluetooth would be great for some applications.

Thee_Captain:
The example looks extremely simple. I have not tried this library though. I might give it a try sometime this week. Bluetooth would be great for some applications.

Yes, but again this is NOT with ESP32 to ESP32, the whole "sending" of packets, is expected to be handled by an already existing appication as they note here: arduino-esp32/libraries/BluetoothSerial at master · espressif/arduino-esp32 · GitHub

Do you know how you would rewrite this to do with ESP32 to ESP32?

Maybe try running the BLE_server and BLE_client on each ESP32. Bluetooth Low Energy

Again, no experience. I just use the WiFi at the moment, but would like to look at the Bluetooth features in the future.

Thee_Captain:
Maybe try running the BLE_server and BLE_client on each ESP32. Bluetooth Low Energy

Yeah, I tried that, but it is very rough, and an extremely poor documentation.

I also am trying to solve this as well so if anyone has any suggestions on good examples it would be really appreciated.