Esp32-Serial Monitor not working

I just uploaded a simple code to my esp32 (devkit v1) and opened the serial monitor. There was a bunch of ? marks and I didn’t understand why this happened. :frowning:

Here is what came up on the monitor: ۚۚ⸮⸮ۚ⸮⸮m⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮ ⸮⸮⸮e⸮⸮⸮7⸮⸮ei⸮⸮e⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮ei⸮⸮⸮⸮ۚۚe⸮ۚ⸮⸮K⸮[⸮⸮⸮ ⸮⸮ғ⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮“⸮⸮⸮⸮ŗ⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮“⸮⸮ҏ4⸮i ⸮ei7R⸮⸮e)⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮ⓢ⸮4⸮4 ⸮⸮⸮ ⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮ŗ›⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮—⸮e⸮ ⸮e⸮ei⸮⸮⸮⸮e4⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮e⸮⸮⸮ ⸮⸮⸮e⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮˂⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮e̛⸮⸮⸮e⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮m⸮⸮⸮ei⸮⸮˒e4⸮⸮eim⸮e⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮K⸮⸮⸮eZ ⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮ ⸮⸮›⸮m⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮ ⸮ ⸮ ⸮ ⸮⸮i⸮4⸮⸮K⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮e⸮⸮⸮ei⸮⸮e⸮K⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮m⸮ei⸮⸮m⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮Ǐ4⸮⸮ ⸮⸮⸮K⸮⸮⸮⸮ ⸮⸮Ǜ)⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮ꋚ⸮⏚⸮⸮m⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮e⸮⸮œ⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮m⸮[⸮⸮4e⸮⸮⸮ei⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮[⸮e⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮ ⸮ ⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮e⸮e⸮⸮⸮e⸮e⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮e⸮⸮⸮⸮4˂⸮⸮⸮⸮4⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮e⸮⸮⸮4⸮⸮e⸮ ⸮ ⸮ ⸮ ⸮˒⸮⸮˒e⸮7R⸮⸮4 ⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮Ǜ⸮K⸮⸮4⸮⸮e⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮7⸮⸮˒⸮Ǐ4⸮⸮e⸮[⸮⸮⸮e⸮⸮⸮K⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮e⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮K⸮⸮⸮e4⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮ ⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮˒⸮⸮e⸮e⸮ ⸮⸮⸮ ⸮⸮⸮e⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮7⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮ ⸮⸮⸮⸮ғ⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮ ⸮˒⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮e⸮ۚۚ⸮⸮eie)⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮K⸮⸮i⸮⸮e⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮ ⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮Nj⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮[⸮⸮⸮⸮e⸮⸮⸮ˢ⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮ۚ⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮e⸮ ⸮⸮⸮⸮iˢ⸮⸮ ⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮ۚe⸮⸮⸮ ⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮›⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮iei⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮e⸮e⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮e⸮e⸮⸮⸮⸮4 ⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮ ̓⸮⸮⸮ ⸮ei⸮

testesp32.1.ino (128 Bytes)

The baud signal rate on the Serial Monitor is not matched to the ESP32..

How-To and examples Here:

https://arduinoinfo.mywikis.net/wiki/YourDuino-Serial-Monitor