esp32 switch on via EN pin

Hey guys. I want to switch on esp32 via EN pin using gpio of another board. I am supplying 11.5mA to EN pin. I am having some problems.

Kindly suggest if this approach is good.

Regards,
sheryar

Really that heavy of an application that you need two controllers?

But the enable pin should barely draw any current. Pull it LOW (<0,4V) to turn it off. When left floating or pulled high (max 6,0V) the module should turn on.

my one controller is ble that sends ble data to esp32 which sends it to the cloud.

Regards,

So why can't that all run on a single ESP?

Yes there is ble on esp32 but I thought that it would be not good in terms of performance or power consumption, to use both ble and wifi funcationality of the esp32 on the same chip. I also read some comments on different forums that it is not good to use both ble and wifi on the same esp32 chip. However cannot say more. You tell me with some facts and I will use esp32 in the next version.

Regards,

I have never used both on an ESP32 but as I read it's not impossible. But it does need some tweaking because they do share the radio. But not impossible as it seems.

A single ESP32 will definitely use less power than two.

Try it and see. The ESP32 dedicates one of the cores to radio. Running both at the same time is hard to get right and if you’re doing that, then a stand-alone processor will likely work better. Also, you’ll need to trim off stack features since having both WiFi and BLE stack will take up a lot of flash.

I run the nRF for BLE and ESP for WiFi. I use a high side switch to turn on/off the ESP.

czu001:
I run the nRF for BLE and ESP for WiFi. I use a high side switch to turn on/off the ESP.

Why would you need a high side switch to control the enable pin?

Paul__B:
Why would you need a high side switch to control the enable pin?

I don’t have an ENABLE pin for my setup, so I cut power off via FET.

I am doing exactly the same.

I don't have an ENABLE pin for my setup, so I cut power off via FET.

The ESP has EN pin. I am using BJT transistor connected to EN pin to switch on and off the ESP. Why you need to cutoff power?