ESP8266-01 and FTD1232 problems

Hello,
I directly connected an ESP8266-01 to a FTD1232 then I uploaded the sample "/ESP82666Wifi/WifiWebServer". It works but I've got some problems :

Windows doesn't recognize the FTD if its jumper is on 3.3v and connected to the ESP (if the FTD is simply connected to the PC there's no problem in 5v and 3.3v). So, it's impossible to make work this ESP in 3.3v.

In 5v the ESP connects to the wifi but only just after I uploaded the sketch. If I disconnect then reconnect them, nothing happen anymore, I need to upload the sketch each time to make it works.
I tried to connect the Reset Pin to GND in hoping it restarts something but nothing happened.

Wally06:
Hello,
I directly connected an ESP8266-01 to a FTD1232 then I uploaded the sample "/ESP82666Wifi/WifiWebServer". It works but I've got some problems :

Windows doesn't recognize the FTD if its jumper is on 3.3v and connected to the ESP (if the FTD is simply connected to the PC there's no problem in 5v and 3.3v). So, it's impossible to make work this ESP in 3.3v.

In 5v the ESP connects to the wifi but only just after I uploaded the sketch. If I disconnect then reconnect them, nothing happen anymore, I need to upload the sketch each time to make it works.
I tried to connect the Reset Pin to GND in hoping it restarts something but nothing happened.

How are you powering the ESP8266?

Are you thinking you can use the FTDI as a power source?

Chuck.

I'm powering it with the FTDI like on the picture (sample found on internet). It works when its jumper is on 5v. I don't understand why only in 5v and why the connexion to the WiFi works only after an upload.

Wally06:
I'm powering it with the FTDI like on the picture (sample found on internet). It works when its jumper is on 5v. I don't understand why only in 5v and why the connexion to the WiFi works only after an upload.

The FTDI is NOT a power supply, The 5v, 3.3v pins are used to tell it (FTDI) what voltage the Target (ESP8266) is expecting for its logic levels.

The ESP8266 is a 3.3v device. You must provide a 3.3V power supply that can support up to 400mA for reliable operation.

I have no idea how it is functioning at all.

Chuck.