ESP8266 and ESP32 do not connect

I'm starting to use the two ESP modules, the ESP8266 and the newer, the ESP32. I started with NodeMCU ESP8266 (Amica manufacturer) on the Arduino IDE, installed on Windows 10.

Apparently the Arduino IDE installed normally, including the drivers. I was also able to download the package of IDE compatible modules for ESP8266 (which are about 150MB), the device was recognized in COM3, connected via USB, etc. Anyway, everything seems OK, except that the ESP8266 is not recognized inside the Arduino IDE, so it does not connect. When you access the "Tools => Get Board Info" menu, it displays the "Unknown board" message. Additionally, it is not possible to compile the base program. In the Windows "Device Manager" it's recognized as "Silicon Labs CP210x USB Bridge (COM3)". I've already changed the USB cable, I've changed my computer, but nothing happens. When I connect the ESP8266 to USB, only the blue LED flashes. The same problem occurs with ESP32.

Does anyone know what may be happening?

Thank you.

for esp boards 'Get board info' doesn't work. what problem you have with compilation?

Basically nothing happens. I opened the example “Blink” in “File - Examples” I ran the compilation and it displays an extensive log list (attach file). Regarding the hardware, both NodeMCU ESP8266 and NodeMCU ESP32, when connecting to USB only one LED flashes and nothing else. I do not know anything about Arduino or ESP and it’s my first contact with the tool.

How should I proceed?

log.txt (76.8 KB)

it is a build output. only error is: unable to rename 'C:\Users\William\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_477533/arduino.ar'; reason: File exists

try manually delete that file. or restart IDE

Unfortunately nothing works. I deleted all the files and directories contained in "C:\Users\William\AppData\Local\Temp\" and restarted the IDE. The errors remain... I also ran the IDE as Administrator, but nothing has changed.

That sort of error (temporary files created during build process being missing, unmovable, or present when not expected to be) is often related to overzealous antivirus with realtime scanning interfering with the build process. The build process involves a lot of processes being launched in a very short time, doing things that look weird for a consumer PC.

Try temporarily disabling your antivirus, and see if that fixes it (if it does, reenable it, and consult the documentation for your antivirus program regarding whitelisting)

Perfect! It was really the bastard of the antivirus. I saved the code file in another folder and disabled the antivirus (McAfee), so it works fine!

I'll look for a way to put the Arduino temporary folder in the exclusion list of the antivirus.

Thank you!!