ESP8266 - Authentication and Data Encryption WPA-PSK, TKIP settings

Hello,

I’m trying to make a little standalone AP Web Server with WeMos D1 mini, but I can’t figure out how to set the AP parameters to work with my HP iPAQ hx2410.

I need to configure my WeMos D1 mini AP with these specific parameters, to be able to connect:

Channel: 1
Authentication: WPA-PSK
Data Encryption: TKIP

Sketch what I’m using:

#include <ESP8266WiFi.h>
#include <WiFiClient.h>
#include <ESP8266WebServer.h>

const char* ssid = "MyAP";
const char* password = "12345678";

ESP8266WebServer server(80);

void handleRoot()
{
  server.send(200, "text/plain", "Hello from esp8266!");
}

void setup(void)
{
  Serial.begin(9600);
  Serial.println("");
  WiFi.mode(WIFI_AP);
  WiFi.softAP(ssid, password);

IPAddress myIP = WiFi.softAPIP();
  Serial.print("IP Address: ");
  Serial.println(myIP);

server.on("/", handleRoot);

server.begin();
  Serial.println("HTTP server started");
}

void loop(void)
{
  server.handleClient();
}

I know that, if I put “1” into the last parameter it will force to use Channel 1, but I can’t connect to it still:

WiFi.softAP(ssid, password, 1);

But, if I disable the encryption by removing the password (AP to be Open), it’s connects immediately.

I hope someone can help me out with my issue!

Thank you!

Regards

Can other, non-ancient devices connect?

ElCaron:
Can other, non-ancient devices connect?

Yes, it can, but the HP iPAQ hx2410 can connect to my home AP with those specific settings.

So, I wonder, is there any possibility to achieve that with my “ancient device”?

Could be a WPA vs WPA2 issue? Or an encryption issue? I don't see you setting either explicitly and apparently you want legacy standards for that.

ElCaron:
Could be a WPA vs WPA2 issue? Or an encryption issue? I don’t see you setting either explicitly and apparently you want legacy standards for that.

Yes, I think there is an encryption compatibility issue, but I can’t figure out for the “ESP8266 Arduino” is there any function to be able to set the encryption method or settings like that (I just found the Channel forcing parameter).

I can’t find any normal documentation for it, and I already posted it 12 days ago on the official GitHub page the same question, but no one is responding to it.

Regards

I tried a quick google for the last post, but did't find anything either. Well, you know what to look for. Report if you find anything :slight_smile:

ElCaron:
I tried a quick google for the last post, but did’t find anything either. Well, you know what to look for. Report if you find anything :slight_smile:

Yeah, I will! Kappa :wink: