ESP8266 disabling a single interrupt-pin while executing ISR-code

Hi,

I have attched an IO-pin to trigger an interrupt

volatile int RPM_pulses;

pinMode(RPM_pulses_InputPin, INPUT);
  attachInterrupt(RPM_pulses_InputPin, isr_counting_pulses, RISING);

// ISR ISR ISR ISR ISR ISR ISR ISR ISR ISR ISR ISR ISR ISR ISR ISR ISR ISR ISR ISR ISR 
void IRAM_ATTR isr_counting_pulses() 
{
  RPM_pulses++;  
} // End of ISR ISR ISR ISR ISR ISR ISR ISR ISR ISR ISR ISR ISR ISR ISR ISR ISR ISR ISR

I would like to know if it is possible to disable just this interrupt while executing the ISR-code

// ISR ISR ISR ISR ISR ISR ISR ISR ISR ISR ISR ISR ISR ISR ISR ISR ISR ISR ISR ISR ISR 
void IRAM_ATTR isr_counting_pulses() 
{
  "DISABLE_just-THIS-IO-PIN-triggered" interrupt
  RPM_pulses++;  
  "ENABLE_just-THIS-IO-PIN-triggered" interrupt
} // End of ISR ISR ISR ISR ISR ISR ISR ISR ISR ISR ISR ISR ISR ISR ISR ISR ISR ISR ISR

I have done some research about how to do that but had no success so far.
Has anybody done this and can post the lones of code?

best regards

Stefan

when you are in your ISR you won't be interrupted by an interrupt at the same priority level. So your ISR won't be interrupted by the very same event (your code might be when you come back to the main thread)

when you are in your ISR you won’t be interrupted by an interrupt at the same priority level.

Are there priority level settings on an ESP other than the ESP32 ?

Deva_Rishi:
Are there priority level settings on an ESP other than the ESP32 ?

Nothing you can set I believe

If I remember correctly there are Non Maskable Interrupt - PWM, Reset etc that would take precedence over a GPIO interrupt but never explored this in details.

My comment was more generic towards h/er/is specific case (if I understood well) of being interrupted by the same pin interrupt whilst executing the ISR

Hi Deva and J-M-L,

thank you for answering.
best regards

Stefan