ESP8266 doesn't respond to the sketch arduino control.

Hi community,

Recently I got a whole new ESP8266 wifi module and try to build an automation home system using wifi shield control Arduino action. I did some research from using Andriod apps until the software control using ESP8266.

I tried only upload blank sketch to do Arduino and perform AT communication directly using Serial COM port communication, its work perfectly.

Then I tried using code, with Softwareserial.h and using mySerial.write to the Wifi module, it seems that no response from ESP8266 after the program write to the RX/TX pin direct to the ESP8266.

eg. mySerial.write("AT\r\n")

ESP8266 connection: 1. Vcc - 3.3v from Arduino itself. - I read some thread that asked about the similar problem and tried with different 3.3v source but it doesn't seem working.

1. Channel_PD is tied with Vcc.

Problem now is, ESP8266 is working with empty sketch but couldn't setup a server automatically using only Arduino sketch that executed for Server setup.

I tried to dig more research but doesn't really got the same condition as what I dealing here.

You don't write which ESP8266 module you have.

There are several.

The cheapest is the ESP-01.

The newer ones defaults to 115200 baud rate, so you can't use SoftwareSerial library. I bought 3 on eBay and all are 115200.

However, if you buy a USB-to-TTL adapter cable you can talk to the ESP-01 and change that baud rate to 9600.

In addition, using a USB-to-TTL adapter cable will give you the ability to debug your code when you are using AT commands.

I am also facing same problem. I would love if somebody help me in this

Sagar05: I am also facing same problem. I would love if somebody help me in this

I guess you didn't bother to read what I wrote above.

:(

Ksin301: Vcc - 3.3v from Arduino itself.

Powering an ESP from the Arduino 3.3V will not work reliably. You need a much stronger power supply.

Ksin301: I read some thread that asked about the similar problem and tried with different 3.3v source but it doesn't seem working.

That has a chance to work at least.