ESP8266 ESP-12E UART WIFI

hi
sorry cause i m a beginner

i've found on ebay this wifi shield
quite expensive:

ESP8266

do you think it woul work with the standard arduino wi-fi libraries?
i would like to put a webserver inside arduino

thanks

do you think it woul work with the standard arduino wi-fi libraries?

No, these boards usually communicate serially with the Arduino using some AT commands. Contact your supplier to give you more information because the software on the ESP8266 varies widely and the link you posted doesn't show any details.

If you don't get a manual to your device it's definitely the wrong device for a beginner because then you have to guess or measure how it works and how the components are interconnected. Better buy a shield from a vendor that provides the necessary documentation and in your case the vendor should also provide the needed Arduino libraries.

i see
thank you

so which one you think will be fine to make a sort of webserver?
ps. i don't have a supplier

so which one you think will be fine to make a sort of webserver?

You can do a webserver with this one, you just have to do it with the Arduino and control the ESP8266 side with these AT commands (there are libraries for doing this).

If you specify in greater detail what you want to do with that webserver we may give more hints on how to do it and what hardware might be useful.

pylon:
You can do a webserver with this one, you just have to do it with the Arduino and control the ESP8266 side with these AT commands (there are libraries for doing this).

If you specify in greater detail what you want to do with that webserver we may give more hints on how to do it and what hardware might be useful.

ok
as soon as i receive the device i will give you more information
anyway it's a domotica project

something to open the door and check the lights