ESP8266 unable to receive from Arduino Uno

I have connected an 8266 to a 3.3V power supply deigned using a voltage regulator.

Connected
Tx <===> Tx
Rx<===>Rx
and rest connections as per documentation;

I run the BareMinimum so as to avoid any issues.
In Serial Monitor, after powering the 8266, I get the Ready message, but anything from the Serial Monitor i.e. Arduino Uno is not being received by the 8266.

For AT is should get “OK” or “ERROR”. Not getting any message for that.

Can anyone help?

Swap Rx and Tx. Tx of one module must go to Rx of other.

Weedpharma

We always like to check. The ground of the ESP8266 is connected to the Arduino ground, isn't it? :roll_eyes:

Yes, the grounds are common. Tried swapping Tx and Rx pins as well. I will trying using digital pins as an I/O ands if things work.

hhkamat:
I have connected an 8266 to a 3.3V power supply deigned using a voltage regulator.

Connected
Tx <===> Tx
Rx<===>Rx
and rest connections as per documentation;

I run the BareMinimum so as to avoid any issues.
In Serial Monitor, after powering the 8266, I get the Ready message, but anything from the Serial Monitor i.e. Arduino Uno is not being received by the 8266.

For AT is should get “OK” or “ERROR”. Not getting any message for that.

Can anyone help?

It sounds like you are trying to use the Arduino Uno as a USB-to-serial converter.

Tx <===> Tx
Rx <===> Rx
is right!

All tutorials I read failed to mention that you need to use the IDE’s Board Manager (Tools —> Boards Manager) to install the software required for the ESP8266 board.
I guess they “assumed” that I would know.
Did you do that?
I didn’t.

ieee488:
It sounds like you are trying to use the Arduino Uno as a USB-to-serial converter.

Tx <===> Tx
Rx <===> Rx
is right!

All tutorials I read failed to mention that you need to use the IDE’s Board Manager (Tools —> Boards Manager) to install the software required for the ESP8266 board.
I guess they “assumed” that I would know.
Did you do that?
I didn’t.

Yes
I didn’t, just the Arduino Uno was selected. I will take a look into this and get back to you. Thanks