esp8266

hello friend.
i am new to esp8266 I am confused which platform to choose for esp programming (i want to use it as a standalone micro controller).options are:

1. lua script
    2.micropython
    3.arduino ide

please tell me which is best for long run and tell me the resource to learn the platform .
thanku for help

Just choose the language you're most familiar with. They all work just fine.
The advantage of the Arduino IDE method is that you don't have the added overhead of running a Python/Lua interpreter, you just compile it to machine code.

My personal preference is the Arduino IDE, just because that was the method I tried first.
You have some great high-level libraries for all things network related (WiFi, HTTP, ...) a lot of third party libraries (e.g. JSON parsing, OLED display drivers, WiFi managers ...) and some of the 'normal' Arduino libraries might work as well, if they're not too hardware specific.
The large community is an advantage as well.

You might be interested in this Beginner's guide to the ESP8266 I wrote.

If you're really looking for a challenge, you could also try the official SDK, or even use it without an SDK (look for CNLohr on YouTube, and check out Neil Kolban's ebook on the ESP8266).
But that's definitely something for the more advanced C programmer.

Pieter

sachin_ms:
hello friend.
i am new to esp8266 I am confused which platform to choose for esp programming (i want to use it as a standalone micro controller).options are:

1. lua script
    2.micropython
    3.arduino ide

please tell me which is best for long run and tell me the resource to learn the platform .
thanku for help

another choice: https://www.esp8266basic.com/