ESP8266WiFiMulti Does not name a type

Looking in this forum I found a similar post about ‘does not name a type’ where the solution has something to do with the (sub)directory structure in the Arduino Library folder. However I couldn’t fix my error as I believe all .h files ares in the right folder.

Maybe something worse is going on because the error log seems endless. It is soo long I have to attach it as txt because of the maximum characters in this forum:

Multiple libraries found for "ESP8266WiFi.h"
Gebruikt: C:\Program
exit status 1
'ESP8266WiFiMulti' does not name a type

Source: Castle locker (parcel box)

NodeMCU error log.txt (437 KB)

I deleted all the user installed libraries and re-installed them as .zip files instead of separated .h files. Now the error comes a bit later:

Not used: C:\Users\Martine\Documents\Arduino\libraries\arduinoWebSockets-master
exit status 1
'MQTT' does not name a type

Without the sketch it is just guess work, please post within </> code-tags

The code is too long to paste here. Please see the TXT file attached.

By the way, after reinstalling several libraries it says “‘MQTT’ does not name a type”

NodeMCU code.txt (17.7 KB)

ESF-nl: The code is too long to paste here. Please see the TXT file attached.

Then attach the .ino file so we don't need to convert it to open.

Sorry I thought you meant the error file as txt. I attached the code as .ino. This is the same file as in the initial link.

CodeNodeMCUano.ino (17.7 KB)

You have quite a few include files within parentheses which means the compiler is looking for them in the sketch folder. You will need to post those files as well for us to try and compile the same way as you.

#include "sha256.h"
#include "Utils.h"

I don't have these.. or these

#include "Client.h"
#include "AWSWebSocketClient.h"
#include "CircularByteBuffer.h"

Actually i have only 2 of your included libraries installed. My suspicion is that this whole sketch was written using different versions of some of the libraries than you have installed (maybe just one older version) But it is going to be quite a lot of work resolving your issues. Specifically since you did not write the code, try contacting the original author.
Still if you include all .h & .cpp files from the libraries in a post i will try and see if i can compile it.

Thank you Deva_Rishi for your help!

I did try to contact the author on his original post. Unfortunately he isn’t responding anymore.

I tried to copy all files you mean but to be honest, I don’t really know which of these I need. I did Google for these and download them for this project. You might have a point this is the area the error lies in…

Any suggestions are highly appreciated!

dependencies.zip (739 KB)

Pff what a mess ! it'll take some time to properly sort through this, one of the issues is that there is somehow an html file which has the .h extension, i am not sure why, the whole project consists of many files referring to another, of course not your fault, but what is the plan for this program ? what is it supposed to do and could you find a project that does work somewhere ?

Thanks again! I highly appreciate all help as I'm just a beginner.

My plan was to make this parcel delivery box https://www.hackster.io/castle-locker/secure-package-delivery-trunk-for-your-front-porch-1d0b55. All hardware was the easy part... now I'm stuck in this software error.

Initially I wanted to use my cat6 cable and an ethernet shield in order to try to simplify things. However because my lack of Arduino skills decided me to keep the full instructions as they are and use the WiFi NodeMCU.

ESF-nl: Initially I wanted to use my cat6 cable and an ethernet shield in order to try to simplify things. However because my lack of Arduino skills decided me to keep the full instructions as they are and use the WiFi NodeMCU.

Ok yeah i get it, hmm this is not a very simple project, both in construction as in programming. Having both boards is actually not simplifying matters, i suspect just the nodeMCU should suffice, or an Arduino & an ESP-01, but since you have the parts you approach makes sense. I'll have another look and see if i can get the program to compile at least.