esp8622 WebSocket error

Hello everyone.

I am trying to build a web controlled LED Matrix with an esp8622 like shown in this video: Maker Monday - Web interface for controlling LED Matrix - YouTube
For some reason, when i compile the code for the esp8622 board, i get "error compiling for board WeMos D1 R2 & mini"
According to the log, the error must have something to do with the WebSockets library, but i can't figure out what to do. Error message:

C:\Users\user\Documents\Arduino\libraries\arduinoWebSockets\src\WebSocketsClient.cpp: In member function 'void WebSocketsClient::loop()':

C:\Users\user\Documents\Arduino\libraries\arduinoWebSockets\src\WebSocketsClient.cpp:172:30: error: 'class WiFiClientSecure' has no member named 'setCACert'

_client.ssl->setCACert((const uint8_t *)_CA_cert, strlen(_CA_cert) + 1);

Any help would be highly appreciated. :slight_smile:

Cheers and thank you guys

To put your code in a code box, use the </> icon in the far left of the post tool bar and paste your code between the two bracket sets that appear.

To go back and put your code in a code box, in the bottom right of your post, select “more” and click modify. When the modify post opens, high light your code and click the </> in the far left of the post tool bar. This will put you code in code brackets. Then save the changes.