eTape wiring and code

I'm a beginner and would like to know how the eTape level sensor should be wired to the Arduino.

I have read that it's a voltage divider circuit, but I'm having difficulty understanding it.

I would like the code to display the level using I2C 1602 LCD.

Thanks

Can you tell us what eTape is ?
Can you provide a link ?
Did you read
How to use this forum.

-Malhar

It's amazing what a minute or two searching will turn up:-
(Google is not an enemy. :slight_smile: )

eTape Liquid Level Sensor - adafruit

eTape Application Notes

eTape Datasheet

eTape Liquid Level Sensor and Arduino (Includes connection info)

Interfacing to Miltone eTape - Arduino Forums

Ok I read the instructions on Ada Fruit's web site (top link in Steve's post). Now I've used these things and I love them but even with that it took me a second to figure out what the heck they were talking about so I don't envy a beginner.

The ada fruit site includes the code. It will work on pretty much any arduino.

The ADC comment is probably what has you stumped. On a regular arduino this means you can hook it up to analog pin 0 (that's the A0 up at the top of the code). The Analog pins are AnalogtoDigitalConverters (ADC).

This thing just gets more or less resistive based on how far along it's length liquid gets. The arduino just measures how far off the voltage is from the 5v or 3.3v it's expecting to come in on the analog pin. The arduino will give you back a value from 0-1023. There are tables to convert that to inches but the liquid, temperature, and value of external resistors etc all make a difference, so it's best to do test measurements and get values from the arduino through the serial port and make your own table.

ardshark:
Ok I read the instructions on Ada Fruit's web site (top link in Steve's post). Now I've used these things and I love them but even with that it took me a second to figure out what the heck they were talking about so I don't envy a beginner.

Link #4 makes it a bit clearer. But you're right - you do have to sit down and put on the 'thinking cap'. :slight_smile: