ethernet and wifi on Arduino UNO R3

dear all

i've seen that there are these 2 shield:

but i'm wondering if is possible to have both on the same Arduino UNO.

i've seen that there is also the Arduino Yun that is a combo solution, but i have a project where i need to connect an ATmega328 with both wifi and ethernet.

Thanks to all in advance

That would be a real challenge for a few reasons.

The ethernet shield and wifi shield use the same pin for the slave select. You would need to modify one library and do a pin bend and jumper.

One of the shields would need to have the ICSP socket replaced with one that has pins long enough to extend through the board and connect to the top shield.

Power may be a problem. Both shields use a substantial amount of power. Both on one Arduino may stress out the power supply.

thanks

And what do you think about an exclusive usage, maybe using a PIN to control the power of ethernet OR wifi ?

Thanks

nik600:
And what do you think about an exclusive usage, maybe using a PIN to control the power of ethernet OR wifi ?

I recommend staying with the ethernet shield and drop the wifi shield. I use a wireless router to interface my ethernet shield via wifi. I use Routerboard/MikroTik routers. I’m using a RB433UAH (it is EOL now) but would like to try the RB411U.