So, I'm using an Arduino Pro Mini 5V/16MHz for a RFID Access Control thing (for further information, check https://github.com/joaohenriquef/rfid-access-control).
At this point, the whole code was working perfectly on an Arduino MEGA 2560 and I decided to migrate to my Pro Mini. The hardware setup's become like this:
- 1x Arduino Pro Mini 5V/16MHz
- 2x MFRC522 (for RFID cards, uses SPI interface)
- 1x W5100 Ethernet Shield (uses SPI interface)
- Some RGB LEDs, sensors, buzzers... whatever.
- 1x Arduino MEGA 2560 for powering up the MFRC522 (for testing purposes only) (yes, all GND are common)
So, it took me a while to realize that I would have to, manually, change all the SS pins to LOW/HIGH but, once I realized this, I got both MFRC522 to initialize correctly. The problem is I just can't get my W5100 to work!
I have tried:
- Wiring the D4 from W5100 to the Pro Mini and setting it as a high output;
- Using the ICSP pins from the shield;
- Using the standard SPI pins from the shield;
- Some delay between stuff;
- Not to initialize the MFRC522;
- Setting the standard SS pin on Mini Pro as output;
I don't even know where to look for solutions anymore.
I couldn't paste the whole code here, but you can get it as follows:
That's it guys, hope to get this solved ASAP. Thanks!