Ethernet documentation

Is there a complete list of Ethernet functions? The on-line [Ethernet Library Reference](file:///C:/_MyInstalls/Arduino/reference/www.arduino.cc/en/Reference/Ethernet.html) does not have them all e.g., hardwarestatus, init, etc.

https://www.arduino.cc/en/Reference/Ethernet

What did you want to know that is not in the documentation and the examples?

Unfortunately, the reference documentation bundled with the Arduino IDE is years out of date:

Since that time, some significant improvements have been made to the Ethernet library and to its documentation.

So you should make sure to always use the documentation published on arduino.cc rather than the documentation provided by the Arduino IDE.

Hi Pert and John, thank you for the quick replies! As Pert pointed out, the docs supplied with the IDE are out of date. The site linked when selecting Help - Reference from within the IDE is not up-to-date. Whereas, Arduino Reference - Arduino Reference does seem to be a lot better.

Again: What did you want to know that is not in the documentation and the examples?

Hi John,
I found what I wanted in a couple of examples but it took a while. However, I prefer “regular” documentation that I can read in order to determine what I might need for my program. I was not aware of Arduino Reference - Arduino Reference. I had been using the docs that came with the SDK.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.