Ethernet IP Adressing

Hi guys,

I am the newguy on Arduino Platform. But i am a professional PLC programmer in machine industry for years.

And I’am trying to communicate PLC with arduino Yun via ethernet. And first step is IP Adressing but i couldnt anything about that learn and set ethernet IP address of Yun.

I uploaded example of “YunSerialTerminal” and i wrote to serial monitor “ifconfig” after i connect ethernet cable to Yun from my PC. In connections, where we choose wifi networks on win8- i can see there is an ethernet connection but never connect this.

Help me please, thanks…

Set static ip at wan (ethernet port):

http://www.ibuyopenwrt.com/index.php/2-uncategorised/211-set-static-ip-at-wan-ethernet-port

Thanks for help, but how can i use these codes ? In IDE like normal softwares or another way ?

Those are commands to enter at the Linux command line after starting an SSH session.

You can also set many networking options by using the advanced configuration pages of the Yun's web management pages (the advanced configuration button of the pages where you did the initial WiFi setup.

But normally, you don't have to do anything except plug the Ethernet cable into your network/router: the router usually has a DHCP server that will automatically assign an address to the Yun's Ethernet port.

I looked for how can i opeen and use SSH but i couldnt it. Can you help me about it. I really dont know nothing about it.

Also, when i connect via ethernet to YUN and open arduino.local from web browser, it is not possible. Because i think i should configurate my pc ethernet port in same subnet. But i dont know YUN's ip and subnet so how can i do ? In Wifi it is working no problem..

caki3000:
I looked for how can i opeen and use SSH but i couldnt it. Can you help me about it. I really dont know nothing about it.

How you start an SSH session depends on your computer's operating system. I'm sure a Google search that includes your operating system will turn up useful information. For example, searching for "Arduino Yun SSH Windows" gave several interesting hits on the first page.

Also, when i connect via ethernet to YUN and open arduino.local from web browser, it is not possible. Because i think i should configurate my pc ethernet port in same subnet. But i dont know YUN's ip and subnet so how can i do ? In Wifi it is working no problem..

Knowing exactly how you are connecting things up will go a long way toward resolving this.

Are you connecting the Yun's Ethernet port directly to your computer, or are you connecting each device to a router? If they are both connected to a router, they should both get compatible addresses from the router.

If you are connecting them directly, then the Yun does not have any kind of subnet or address, as it is waiting to get one from a DHCP router. In this configuration, you must manually set an IP address in both the Yun and the computer.

If you connect via WiFi, which apparently works for you, then configure the Ethernet port that way, using the advanced configuration pages of the web interface. Yes, you can have Ethernet and WiF connected at the same time.