I'm having issue with communicating with ethernet shield 2 with my custom board, and hoping if someone can shine a light onto this.
- I have a custom board using ATmega2560 and FT230X for USB communication. I have RTS pin of FT230X connected to a 100nF to the reset pin. My reset pin is pulled high with a 10K resistor.
- I can upload bootloader, upload code, and communicate with the custom board via USB port no problem.
- I want to use Ethernet shield 2 with my board, and the problem happens when I connect Ethernet shield 2 to my board.
- Ethernet shield 2 is connected to my board via jumper wires as below:
ATmega2560 custom board -> ethernet shield
3.3V -> 3.3V
5V -> ICSP pin 2
GND -> ICSP pin 6
MOSI -> ICSP pin 4
MISO -> ICSP pin 1
SCK -> ICSP pin 3
RESET -> ICSP pin 5
SS -> pin 10
5V -> IOREF
- When I upload an example sketch, specifically I used TelnetClient example, when I open the Serial Monitor, it says "ethernet shield was not found. sorry can't run without hardware. :("
- I used the same shield and connected to my Arduino Mega using the same jumper cables, and it works.
- I noticed without connecting 5V to the IOREF, the shield doesn't work even if I use my Arduino Mega. (same not found message)
Wondering if anyone has seen this behavior before or has any idea of what could cause this problem? any help is appreciated, thank you in advance!