Ethernet shield - control from internet.

I have the Ethernet shield wich I control from LAN.
I know it IP(not static) in internet.
I can'not acces it from internet(http://[IP in inet] or www.http://[IP in inet]).

Is it posible?

Is it posible?

Yes, IF you have configured your router correctly AND your ISP supports your intended use.

Paul I have a question for you. I am using a UNO and Ethernet Shield on my local network. What I need to be able to do is make D9 to D5 and D3 go low as selected from any pc on my network. Also be able to deselect and select another D pin. I will have the D pin connected to the analog pin for feed back showing which D pin is active.

What I need to know is how best to go about this. I am not a sketch writer but am willing to learn. What communications protocol would be best to use? I have uploaded the WebServer# from this website to play with the unit. I have it reporting the status of all A0 to A5 pins at this time but do not have control of D pins at this time. It is reporting status to my Win 7 pc.

Any and all help would be most appreciated. Thanks Paul, Clint

The WebServer example is not all that good. What it does is send the same response to the client, regardless of what the client asks for.

If you change the example to contain a form, with buttons for turning pins on or off (make sure you don't enable turning off the SPI pins), you'll need to revise the part of the code that reads the client data, and actually do something with the data.

As a first step, add two radio buttons to the form, and just print the client request. You'll quickly see what the button group name should be (D9, for example) and what the values of the radio buttons should be ("on", "off", "0", "1").

Play around with changing the button group names and values, until the pattern of data in the GET request makes sense.

Then, it should make sense how to parse the GET request to get which pin to change the state of and what the state should be (after you store it, of course).

Then, add a second group of radio buttons, and see how that changes the GET request.