Ethernet Shield Issue

Hi Guys,

I bought the original Arduino ethernet shield recently along with an Arduino Due. They worked perfectly fine. However, i just bought an Arduino Mega and the shield refuses to work with it. The Mega powers up fine independently. But if the ethernet shield is plugged onto it, the Mega as well as the shield do not power up. I tried connecting an external 12V adaptor also in case I have power issues from USB cable. But still the same. Can you pls help.

Thanks

I have an ethernet shield, and it works fine on my Mega and Due. I don't use a 12v power supply on either. The regulator gets too hot. I use a 7.5v 1A wall wart, and it works fine. Google Shopping lists a bunch of sources for them.

(deleted)

Hey Tim,

The regular could get hot, but I presume provided it first powers up. I dont even see any LED glowing. Do you think putting a 5v or 7.5V adaptor could help?

If the temp climbs fast enough, it might not power up. The regulator has overtemp protection.

Does the combination work with USB power? You weren't very clear about that. I power my Mega 2560 or Due with the ethernet shield connected, and it works ok, even connected to a RPi B+ USB port. The RPi doesn't have very good power on USB either.

edit: Do not use a 5v power supply. Most Arduino boards require a minimum of 6.6 volts on the power jack, and 7.5 volts works well for me.

I tried both options, but get the same result (with USB IN+DC power cord and without USB as well).

resonanceshah:
I tried both options, but get the same result (with USB IN+DC power cord and without USB as well).

That wasn't the question. Have you tried with USB power and no DC power at all?