Ethernet shield not responding throught ethernet switch

Hello here,

I'm trying to send data over ethernet to several Unos with ethernet shields to control LEDs.
When I'm connecting my laptop directly to one Arduino, my sketch is working, but when connecting 3 of them with a TP-LINK TL-SF1005D switch , the LEDs are not responding.
After a few tests, I can tell the problem is around the switch ( I changed it for my internet router and the whole system worked), but if I connect another laptop to the switch to monitor the activity, it actually receive the data correctly....
I'm working with static IPs, so I don't see why a router would be necessary rather than a switch...

I'm probably missing something obvious here, as my knowledge in network system is a bit limited...
If somebody as a suggestion, it would be great, I would buy a new switch if mine is missing some properties i'm not aware of, but I wouldn't like to do the same mistake...

Thanks!

It could be the ethernet shield. There are some shield that have the wrong value resistors between the w5100 and the RJ45 connector.

thanks SurferTim, but if i use the router of home Internet, everything is working...
So the shield are actually working...
Or do you mean that the ship of the shield would be incompatible with my switch?
Is something like that possible?

On the W5100 shield clones, there is a resistor pack that is 510 ohms instead of 50 ohms.

Ok thanks, I’m indeed using shield clones…
What should I check on my next switch to make sure it works with my setup?
If there’s any way to be as sure as possible before trying…

flashbacker:
Ok thanks, I'm indeed using shield clones...
What should I check on my next switch to make sure it works with my setup?
If there's any way to be as sure as possible before trying...

You fix the shield because it is made wrong!

Ok, after checking, i'm scared this might be out of my capabilities.
But at least the problem is 100% identified, thanks a lot.

flashbacker:
Ok, after checking, i'm scared this might be out of my capabilities.
But at least the problem is 100% identified, thanks a lot.

It requires soldering two resistors on the back of the shield.

Otherwise, SeeedStudio sells ethernet shields.

@ieee488 well what i saw was a bit more than that (but of course it's "only" soldering) and i don't think i can do it properly enough to have it working steady.
Here are infos i've found Wiznet W5100 Repair Info -Cheap Board - Networking, Protocols, and Devices - Arduino Forum

If you have another way to do it, I could have look.

Thanks