Ethernet Shield Problem!

Hi all,

I have a strange issue with my setup: arduino uno + ethernet shield (+a couple of sensors like pir, temp and 2 relays). It has been working ok for a year or two, but during the past 2 weeks ethernet connection randomly stops (after a couple of hours and sometimes after a couple of days). The arduino continues to work (i have led that flashes when the loop starts and when it ends) but the ethernet shield stops ( i cannot ping it and it does not receive commands). In order to fix the problem i have to re-plug the ethernet cable). Has anyone experienced smt similar before? Any suggestions on how to fix it?

Thanks!

In order to fix the problem i have to re-plug the ethernet cable).

If the ONLY thing you do is unplug the ethernet cable and then plug it back in, you have a bad cable or a worn out connector.

I have tried various solutions like changing the power supply, the wiring, lan configuration, changed the sketch, and yesterday the ethernet cable. So far it works ok (15hours have passed) but i`m not very optimistic about it! Guess I have to wait!

So after changing the cable arduino worked ok for 2.5 days, then it did the same thing, but i could not fix it by just removing the ethernet cable, i had to power it off. I`m guessing there is a problem with the ethernet shield so i ordered a new one!