Ethernet Shield Sending IP Configuration via Web

Hi!

I’m trying to send via POST the information of the IP configuration of the Ethernet Shield, it is possible to send it via POST and update it?

I´m developing a final product to let my customers change the IP configuration as they wish, I don’t want them to change the .ino file or other config of the sketch.

Thanks.

It is possible to send the network configuration to a server.

How do you plan on the user "updating" the network settings? Does that mean changing them? Serial? Store the settings on EEPROM or on SD card?

Thanks for the replay; what I want to do is to find the best way to update this IP configuration. I've seen a lot of ways like you already mention. But which one is the best? Or the more appropriate?

I was going to use a default index.html inside the SD card of the Ethernet Shield but I don't know how to interact between the file and the Arduino, another thing is how to send the information in the correct format.

Suppose the Arduino receives the info in a string how to convert this in byte format?

How can I get to this?

byte ip[4] = { 192, 168, 1, 100 }; byte dns[4] = { 8, 8, 8, 8 }; byte gw[4] = { 192, 168, 1, 1 }; byte subnet[4] = { 255, 255, 255, 0 };

This post on another thread may help if you want to use a SD card. http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=289423.msg2133398#msg2133398

Thank you so much!, I will test your code. That is what I was expecting to do.