Ethernet2.h appears not to work with UDP?

Im working with the Ethernet2 shield, and the Ethernet2 library installed via the IDEs package manager.

The WebServer and dhcpAddressPrinter examples work fine, but when I run any of the UDP examples I get crickets. The send receive example doesnt appear to receive anything even when I can ping the device from my laptop and run the processing sketch thats supposed to talk to it. Even the UDP NTP example sits there silently, which would appear to indicate that it is unable to get anything back from the time server. Its as if no packets are being sent or received.

Am I the only one seeing this issue?

use Ethernet library for Ethernet2 shield

Juraj: use Ethernet library for Ethernet2 shield

Any of the Ethernet 1 examples hang at Ethernet.begin() on the Ethernet 2 shield. Are you sure its meant to be used with the Ethernet 2 shield?

fa0: Any of the Ethernet 1 examples hang at Ethernet.begin() on the Ethernet 2 shield. Are you sure its meant to be used with the Ethernet 2 shield?

do you have the latest version? it is 2.0.0

Juraj: do you have the latest version? it is 2.0.0

That did it.

What is the purpose of the Ethernet2 Library? I thought I read that it had to be used with the Ethernet2 shield because the shields chipset was different

fa0:
That did it.

What is the purpose of the Ethernet2 Library? I thought I read that it had to be used with the Ethernet2 shield because the shields chipset was different

Ethernet2 library was written for W5500 long time before Ethernet library 2.0.0 (2018)