Ethics & Arduino

Ladies and gentlemen,

As I continue to gain experience and knowledge(most from this forum) I can't help restraining my excitement and project ideas. As a natural outcome I have applied the possibilities of Arduino to my line of work (mech eng), although these ideas or concepts are merely just that, ideas. The complexity and development of these ideas is surely going to depend on feedback from forum members. With time the projects I'm planning could provide financial return (very big could!) What would be the norm and do the members who helped get part of that return, or is a thanks accepted. I just want to make sure I don't cheat anyone even though it might be unintentionally.

Thanks,

Mark

I think I speak on behalf of most people here. We are dedicated to open source, and our advice is also open source. Acknowledgement is nice but not essential.

I expect 70% royalties and your first born son :astonished:

I am kidding of course, if by chance you happen to use something that I posted and wasn't based on prior group knowledge or ripped out of the data sheet I should pay you lol

Im sure if you donated to the arduino developers they wouldn't mind, if you felt like it

winner10920: Im sure if you donated to the arduino developers they wouldn't mind, if you felt like it

I don't believe the arduino company is a non-profit org. Not sure if they are set up for accepting 'donations'. ;)

Lefty

You mean, I can't "donate" a case or two of beer? Ooooh, more for me then. :)

Post your thanks, buy official arduinos and compatible dev boards shields and hardware created by arduino community members. Avoid ebay arduino clone deals. Go out and talk about arduino with your friends and coworkers. Give an arduino as a gift to a friend. Whatever makes us stronger is appreciated and I could take the cash if you have some lying around $).

No kidding, I do have a paypal donate button on my blog. Those 10-20k lines of free code didn't write, revise, document, and update themselves. I could use $5 donations now and then.

I love how they talk about sharing the money. But when the money comes, everything changes. Money does that.

Hello all,

Thanks for all your replies, I always try to give more than I take, I might approach the local education department to introduce a Arduino module in there art/design and technology syllabus. If I can donate I will, but unless the money is going to an individual such as liudr, the benefit might not be as wide spread? what do you think? I you have any more ideas/proposals on how I can give back I'm all ears :cold_sweat:

Many thanks again,

Mark

P.S. love Osgeld comment :)

I know somebody who gives away Starter Kits to kids by mail!

I know somebody who gives away Starter Kits to kids by mail!

Is there an age limit? 8)