Everything I do I get an error code

I've successfully wasted a whole day by trying to understand my esp8266 and to flash it. I've tried updating the firmware through WiFi101 Firmware Updater (Gives me 679.5 error messages), reflash it to the stock .bin file (I think?), uploading a sketch(gives me 300 error messages), using example sketches (still attacking me with error messages) and tried to add libraries and reinstalled the whole software. I still don't understand anything. Here is one of the error messages........

Arduino: 1.8.8 (Windows 10), Board: "Generic ESP8266 Module, 80 MHz, Flash, Disabled, ck, 26 MHz, 40MHz, DOUT (compatible), 512K (no SPIFFS), 2, v2 Lower Memory, Disabled, None, Only Sketch, 115200"

java.lang.NullPointerException
	at cc.arduino.packages.uploaders.SerialUploader.burnBootloader(SerialUploader.java:329)
	at processing.app.Editor.lambda$handleBurnBootloader$62(Editor.java:2356)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Error while burning bootloader.
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NullPointerException
	at cc.arduino.plugins.wifi101.flashers.Flasher.isCompatible(Flasher.java:155)
	at cc.arduino.plugins.wifi101.UpdaterImpl.SelectBoardModule(UpdaterImpl.java:126)
	at cc.arduino.plugins.wifi101.UpdaterJFrame$2.valueChanged(UpdaterJFrame.java:144)
	at javax.swing.JList.fireSelectionValueChanged(JList.java:1802)
	at javax.swing.JList$ListSelectionHandler.valueChanged(JList.java:1816)
	at javax.swing.DefaultListSelectionModel.fireValueChanged(DefaultListSelectionModel.java:184)
	at javax.swing.DefaultListSelectionModel.fireValueChanged(DefaultListSelectionModel.java:164)
	at javax.swing.DefaultListSelectionModel.fireValueChanged(DefaultListSelectionModel.java:211)
	at javax.swing.DefaultListSelectionModel.changeSelection(DefaultListSelectionModel.java:405)
	at javax.swing.DefaultListSelectionModel.changeSelection(DefaultListSelectionModel.java:415)
	at javax.swing.DefaultListSelectionModel.setSelectionInterval(DefaultListSelectionModel.java:459)
	at javax.swing.JList.setSelectionInterval(JList.java:2071)
	at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicListUI$Handler.adjustSelection(BasicListUI.java:2739)
	at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicListUI$Handler.mousePressed(BasicListUI.java:2695)
	at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mousePressed(AWTEventMulticaster.java:280)
	at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:6536)
	at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:3324)
	at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:6304)
	at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:2239)
	at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4889)
	at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2297)
	at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4711)
	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:4904)
	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:4532)
	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:4476)
	at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2283)
	at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:2746)
	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:760)
	at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(EventQueue.java:97)
	at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:709)
	at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:703)
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:74)
	at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:84)
	at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:733)
	at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:731)
	at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:74)
	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:730)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:205)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:116)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:105)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:93)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:82)
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NullPointerException
	at cc.arduino.plugins.wifi101.flashers.Flasher.isCompatible(Flasher.java:155)
	at cc.arduino.plugins.wifi101.UpdaterImpl.SelectBoardModule(UpdaterImpl.java:126)
	at cc.arduino.plugins.wifi101.UpdaterJFrame$2.valueChanged(UpdaterJFrame.java:144)
	at javax.swing.JList.fireSelectionValueChanged(JList.java:1802)
	at javax.swing.JList$ListSelectionHandler.valueChanged(JList.java:1816)
	at javax.swing.DefaultListSelectionModel.fireValueChanged(DefaultListSelectionModel.java:184)
	at javax.swing.DefaultListSelectionModel.fireValueChanged(DefaultListSelectionModel.java:154)
	at javax.swing.DefaultListSelectionModel.setValueIsAdjusting(DefaultListSelectionModel.java:685)
	at javax.swing.JList.setValueIsAdjusting(JList.java:2146)
	at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicListUI$Handler.mouseReleased(BasicListUI.java:2796)
	at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(AWTEventMulticaster.java:290)
	at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:6539)
	at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:3324)
	at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:6304)
	at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:2239)
	at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4889)
	at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2297)
	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:4904)
	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:4535)
	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:4476)
	at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2283)
	at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:2746)
	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:760)
	at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(EventQueue.java:97)
	at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:709)
	at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:703)
	at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:84)
	at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:733)
	at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:731)
	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:730)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:205)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:116)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:105)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:93)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:82)

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

The WiFi101 Firmware Updater is for completely different hardware. You can't use it with the ESP8266. It looks like the error messages you provided were from trying to use the WiFi101 Firmware Updater, so those are useless to us.

If you're getting error messages while using the ESP8266 normally, then post those error messages.

hackie:
Same problem here (I think)

What happened when you tried the advice in Reply #1?

And if that advice is not relevant then it is unlikely that you have the same problem and it would make sense to start your own Topic and give a complete description of YOUR problem, including the hardware you are using and the program you are trying to upload.

Why are you using burn bootloader for an ESP32?

...R

hackie:
I saw that the OP and me both try to use the same functions on the same board, so why shoud I pollute the board?

We do not consider additional Topics to be "pollution". Starting a new Topic is normal unless you just wish to add some advice to help with an existing Topic.

It would help if you say what function and what board you are having a problem with. Post YOUR program.

Because I have no Idea what I'm doing and the menu options are there. I have problems with the wifi which doesn't reconnect as expected, so I thought re-flashing the board might help

Reflashing should not be done by someone who does not know what he or she is doing because it is all too easy to turn a good microprocessor into a brick.

Is your ESP8266 still working properly with other programs?

...R