Evolution 101 - time to evolve to birds!

As stated in the ‘Evolution 101’ thread evolution is not only to change one thing and wait for what may lead to extinction but to provide the mechanisms to avoid early and final death…
As the last post was more or less mainly aimed and being discussed in the direction of a website, i would like to start a second post that focuses on Arduino, Software and Hardware itself. We are an open source community, so we can openly discuss such matters i hope…

Prepare the IDE for the future…
You can hear people talking about porting Arduino to different Platforms, ARM for example, adding stuff here and there to the bootloader and providing, all the time, their own means of sketch-writing and uploading. This should not be stopped but taken into account for the next steps of development. AS spreading Arduino Syntax to different platforms is equal to spreading Arduino. (first there were spores, unable to be widespread, but when seed has developed the seed plants began to dominate the habitats of earth…). So what would speak against the following proposal?
The upload and compiling parts of the Arduino IDE should be plugin based. Have one Core plugin for the original Arduinos but give programmers the ability to integrate their compiling and uploading process into your software. This way you would ease their lifes as well as stop forking AND spreading your work. Thinks wouldnt get messy as each and everyone could decide what to add besides the core Arduino compiler/uploader.
Sure this would be a big step, but i bet that quite a lot of people here would be willing to sacrifice lot of their time to make this happen. In the end everyone would benefit from such a system.
Of course this would also lead away from the synchronisation with processing, but honestly, what good is that for anyway? Sure it makes the job a lot easier for you (not meant to be unfriendly), but it still leaves us with a few features that keep Arduino down. .pde for once is a problem discussed a few times, and i guess the work to synchronize the ide wouldnt be much more than now if the compiling/upgrade part was modulized…

Prepare the libraries for the future…
We have all been there - we know there is a library for thing x in our forum, but we cannot find it (coughsearch function*/cough*) and you give up before trying the playground bcause it is hopelessly out of sync with the real development (who DOES actually try to keep his playground site in sync with his library?). So what do you do? Grief, sorrow, suicide.
Many here would surely be glad to have some sort of library-library (baaaad pun, i know). It could be as easy as a subforum where projects are kept in. No Syntax questions - just only that. One single thread for one single library. More sophisticated solutions would also be doable, but that would surely end up the same way the Playground does… except we had some sort of SVN Server or such…

Prepare communication for the future…
Now that one is a call for the community as well as the administrators. Arduino desperately needs a common platform to communicate with each other. Whoever has ever experienced near real time communication in case of problems was happy he didnt have to wait a few hours for somoene in the FAQ Forum to answer - also this would reduce the number of reoccuring posts on the forum. SO how about taking a channel to the Quakenet or better some decent IRC Server and declare it official? I am dead sure it will be used frequently…

Thats it for now. Happy discussing ,0)