Examples-for-any-board SpeedByPotentiometer fails

I’m using a new Rokit, tested with a simple console output example and everything is connected properly. I loaded the SpeedByPotentiometer example, and I’m getting the following error:

ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.21.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt\libraries\Robot_Control\src/SdCard.h:76:2: error: #error unknown CPU

This is for the Rokit-SmartInventor-mega32_v2 board. The includes in the example code:

#include <ArduinoRobot.h>
#include <Wire.h>

Do I need to add another header?

The error is coming from the SD library. That library has some performance features that only work on certain processors. It has not recognized what processor is used in that board.

I tried searching for it. I wasn’t able to find an exact match for the name you used but I think I found the right manufacturer website. But that doesn’t even say what’s inside their product. Not helpful.

It is quite likely that your board contains a processor which the SD library can use. But it’s not defined correctly in the definitions that the compiler needs to know about each board. Or it is possible that the SD library simply doesn’t work on that particular chip without some re-writing in the library.

Is there a custom SD library available from the manufacturer?

Did you add the Rokit support to your Arduino installation? Did you select the Rokit board under Tools->Board?

See: https://forum.robolink.com/topic/94/error-in-compiling-rokit-smart

Yes, I have the Rokit library installed. I think the other reply is correct, this code probably doesn't work with this board. I have found an example program from the Rokit Smart examples and it compiled and uploaded, so I'll use that one. Now I'm having a problem with that, so should I post a new question or maybe you all could help me here? The issue is that my uploaded program only runs when I'm connected to the IDE desktop. When I unplug and turn on the battery pack, it runs the pre-loaded program instead of my program.

For anyone experiencing this problem who happens across this message, after several uploads (I lost count, sorry!), now it is running my program from battery pack instead of the pre-loaded one. Weird, but solved!