Examples of Xbee code for arduino to arduino communication?

I've been looking all around and I can't seem to find and example of an xbee connected to an arduino sending data to another xbee running on a second arduino receiving the data. I'd like to set up a set of sensors with xbees communicating to an ethernet connected arduino with an receiving xbee which writes to a website.

I've found many examples of ardunio xbee communicating with terminal emulators on PC's.

I've found examples of python pc's communicating to xbees using API.

what i'd really like to find is a simple xbee arduino code for sending api data and a simple xbee arduino code for receiving it.

is this available?

Well, simple it isn't, but I have arduinos talking to arduinos using XBees. I have a power monitor that sends broadcasts and a display that receives the broadcasts and displays them at another location in the house. I have these described at my blog. I also have a centralized controller that both sends and receives from various XBee devices, but it's not on the blog because I'm still deeply involved in the code for this; it'll be up there sometime, but it isn't ready to show off yet. I also have a pool control device that sends and receives XBee to convert from something I can read to the silly pool controller protocol.

The controller is on a mega 2560 and the code passed the 30K mark over a week ago, so I may never post the code because it is just too darn big. Anyway, if it helps, feel free to grab anything you want.

draythomp.blogspot.com

I've been looking all around and I can't seem to find and example of an xbee connected to an arduino sending data to another xbee running on a second arduino receiving the data.

Well, simple it isn't,

How simple it is depends on the type of XBees and how they are connected to the Arduinos.

Series 1 XBees attached to XBee shields plugged in to the Arduinos simply require the use of Serial.print(), Serial.println(), and/or Serial.write() to send data, and Serial.available() and Serial.read() to receive data. Just about as easy as it gets.

Series 2 XBees, on the other hand, are a lot more complicated to use.