Executing command: exec: not started

Flashing with command:{runtime.tools.avrdude.path}/bin/avrdude.exe -C{runtime.tools.avrdude.path}/etc/avrdude.conf -q -q -patmega328p -carduino -PCOM6 -b57600 -D -Uflash:w:C:/Users/habix/AppData/Local/Temp/arduino-create-agent085894733/dro_test.hex:i

Executing command: exec: not started

win 10, web editor, latest plugin

desktop version works just fine

Can you please check the content of the hidden folder .arduino-create in your home directory?

It should be in C:\Users<yourname.arduino-create

C:\Users\habix.arduino-create\arduino
C:\Users\habix.arduino-create\installed.json
C:\Users\habix.arduino-create\package_index.json
C:\Users\habix.arduino-create\package_index.json.sig

Also a folder named "windows-drivers"

reinstalled desktop ide, reinstalled plugin, tried the default install folders (as i have everything usually in c:\app..

Ok, seems like the agent is not downloading avrdude for some reason. Can I ask you to paste here the following things:

• contents of C:\Users\habix.arduino-create\installed.json
  • contents of the Arduino Agent Debug Console during the upload

To open the Arduino Agent Debug Console right-click on the arduino icon in your traybar and select Open Debug Console. Then in the textbox at the bottom write log on and press enter. It should write a lot of things.

installed.json:

{"apilevel":"v1","windows-drivers":"C:\Users\habix/.arduino-create/arduino/windows-drivers/1.8.0","windows-drivers-1.8.0":"C:\Users\habix/.arduino-create/arduino/windows-drivers/1.8.0"}

debug log:
https://jpst.it/_sTP

can I add avrdude manually?

Sure you can, from the arduino agent debug console you can enter the command

downloadtool avrdude 6.3.0-arduino9 arduino keep

But the editor should really do that on its own. We will investigate what's going wrong.

That did download the avrdude, but the error when trying to upload is pretty much the same.

Pretty much or exactly the same?

Hello there,
I experience the same error as described in this thread. Problem was solved after using suggested command. I am using Pro Mini. Is this some web ID bug?
J.

matteosuppo:
Sure you can, from the arduino agent debug console you can enter the command

But the editor should really do that on its own. We will investigate what's going wrong.

I've been getting this same error. As far as I can tell, I didn't change anything, though I tried reinstalling the plugin.

I'm on OSX, whatever the current one is and using the web editor.

When I paste the command:

...I get no feedback at all.

Hello there,
I experience also the same error as described in this thread. Problem was solved after using suggested command. I am using Pro Mini. Is this some web ID bug?

MH

Hello, I am a teacher trying to use the Arduino littleBits module with my students. I have directed them to use the online Arduino IDE, but several students who are using MacOS have received the same Executing command: exec: not started when trying to upload to the microcontroller. The Create Agent was downloaded a couple of weeks ago.

I will try the offline IDE, but I am curious as to whether or not this problem is being investigated further in the online IDE version?

Julie

Hi @jgeorge_sjkschool we just tried blinking a Arduino littleBits module and it works on the Web IDE on MacOS Sierra.

Steps:

• wire up your littleBits module with battery and a led on pin 5
  • connect to your PC
  • the littleBits module is automatically recognized as a Leonardo, you can also go in the target dropdown and click on Select other boards and ports
  • click on the littleBits module entry and on the port
  • upload

let us know if this help and if you still have this issue it would super helpful for us to have a screencast of what happens (on Mac you can easily make one opening QuickTime and then press File > New Screen Recording)
Since you cannot upload videos on the blog, if you could share a URL of the video it will be fantastic, either using Dropbox or other storage services.

Thanks a lot!

Flashing with command:{runtime.tools.openocd.path}/bin/openocd.exe -s {runtime.tools.openocd.path}/share/openocd/scripts/ -f C:/Users/JuanJo/AppData/Local/Temp/arduino-create-agent612920166/arduino_zero.cfg -c telnet_port disabled; program C:/Users/JuanJo/AppData/Local/Temp/arduino-create-agent612920166/serialOtro4.bin verify reset 0x00004000; shutdown

Hi,
I can't upload any code, any idea?

Hey @MartinHJJ
we just tried the upload on the Zero (both ports) on Mac OSX 1.13 and Linux Ubuntu and it works, what OS are you using? Please read this post http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=459306.0 and give us more info to be able to debug your issue