I need to put together a performance monitor for my single sculling activities. Base requirements are:
- Sensing a pulse at the end of a phase of movement (cheap accelerometer)
- Sensing uneven pulses at the start of the movement phase (cheap accelerometer)
- GPS for location and velocity (Arduino GPS hat)
- A method to negate current when calculating the true velocity (typically an impeller with a hall sensor) (Hall sensor)
- Output all of this data to a simple screen (likely a few dedicated purpose LCDs) (either 1 big LED or several smaller LCDs)
- (Optional) Heart rate monitoring with BLE and/or ANT+
- (Optional) Additional accelerometers for oars.
Based on the specs I've read, I'm looking at a either an Arduino Due, TWO Arduino Uno R3s the Raspberry pi4 with extra GPIO hats, I'd like to avoid the Pi if possible because of the power requirements ...
Several commercial solutions for this already exist such as the NK SpeedCoach. I am seeking the custom route so I can add additional functionality later on.