Existence of input signal to LED at photodiode output

I try to make simple LED/photodiode circuit by arduino and 741 op amp. I used mid-IR LED by 200mA current and suitable photodiode for it. I wanted make pulsed signal by digital output of Arduino UNO but the generated signal does not turn off (LOW state) and input signal to led observed on op amp output Even when the LED is not in front of photodiode.
Where is my mistake?

The absolute maximum current on any I/O pin is 40 mA and that high is not recommended. So what are you doing with pin 13? You have a photodiode across the inverting and non inverting inputs of a 741 operational amplifier so explain what that is supposed to be doing? As drawn I can't see how either side (emitter or detector) will work.

Ron

Have you looked online using the words "lm741 ir receiver circuit"?

You might find things like

Which my provide information as to why the circuit you are using is wonky.

On the other hand you may find that something like this https://smile.amazon.com/Gikfun-Digital-Receiver-Transmitter-Arduino/dp/B0816P2545/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=arduino+ir+module&qid=1608476763&sr=8-4 might save you a bit of time.

Where is my mistake?

Many mistakes.

No resistor to limit current to the IR LED.

Using a 741 in the first place.

Trying to power a 741 from a single 5V supply, you would normally use a 12V split supply.

Connecting the output of the 741 directly to the + input, that cause the output to go as high as it can.

Not biasing any of the inputs.

Not providing reverse bias on the photo diode.

Many mistakes.

No resistor to limit current to the IR LED.

Using a 741 in the first place.

Trying to power a 741 from a single 5V supply, you would normally use a 12V split supply.

Connecting the output of the 741 directly to the + input, that cause the output to go as high as it can.

Not biasing any of the inputs.

Not providing reverse bias on the photo diode.

Mike,
You ARE the CIRCUIT POLICE... :wink:
("Book 'em Dano !")