I first tried doing a project with my friend but when I ran the code it wouldn't work, it would give me a compiling error. I tried a different project, one where I copied the a person step by step on how to set it up on the arduino along with the code and I still got a compiling. ANY code I try to verify and compile, I just get a compiling errror even though I copied it straight from someone else who used it successfully. I have already tried reinstalling but that did not work. Please Help.
exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Uno.
Sequential_blinking.ino (1.62 KB)
Please do this:
- When you encounter an error, you'll see a button on the right side of the orange bar "Copy error messages" in the Arduino IDE (or the icon that looks like two pieces of paper at the top right corner of the black console window in the Arduino Web Editor). Click that button..
- In a forum reply here, click on the reply field.
- Click the </> button on the forum toolbar. This will add the forum's code tags markup to your reply.
- Press "Ctrl + V". This will paste the error between the code tags.
- Move the cursor outside of the code tags before you add any additional text to your reply.
If the text exceeds the forum's 9000 character limit, save it to a .txt file and podst it as an attachment. If you click the "Reply" button here, you will see an "Attachments and other settings" link.