exit status 1. Error compiling for board arduino/genuino UNO?

I have copied the software of the "Sparkfun Weather Station " by Kevin Kessler and tried to load it into a arduino. I get the error message as above: "exit status 1. Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino UNO.

I have checked all the suggestions in the troubleshooting section un successfully. Can anyone help or where can I find a list of the error codes and the explanation of the codes?

There should have been a lot more detail about what the compiler found unacceptable, please post it. And the code you were using too.

wildbill:
There should have been a lot more detail about what the compiler found unacceptable, please post it. And the code you were using too.

The quote "exit status 1" and "Error compiling for board arduino/genuino UNO" is all that appears in the error box at the foot of the screen. The program is a download from Kevin Kessler's blog and I assume it works correctly. It is a program for reading the outputs from a wind direction sensor, wind speed sensor and a rain gauge. No error appears for any of the text of the sketch.

michaelkingston:
The quote "exit status 1" and "Error compiling for board arduino/genuino UNO" is all that appears in the error box at the foot of the screen. The program is a download from Kevin Kessler's blog and I assume it works correctly. It is a program for reading the outputs from a wind direction sensor, wind speed sensor and a rain gauge. No error appears for any of the text of the sketch.

I'll bet more of the error message has scrolled away. There's a button on the IDE to copy the COMPLETE error message. Try that.

Why do you assume we know what the "Kevin Kessler's blog" is or how to find it? Why should we have to do the work of figuring it out if you're the one asking for free help?

At the very least, you should supply a click-able link to it. Better yet, copy the code and post it here using Code Tags (along with the COMPLETE error message as previously requested).

michaelkingston:
The quote "exit status 1" and "Error compiling for board arduino/genuino UNO" is all that appears in the error box at the foot of the screen.

That error box is a scrollable window. The information you seek will be above the two or three lines you can see.

Thanks to all who replied to my query. Firstly I was scrolling the wrong direction so you were right there was more to the error message. Second I only quoted the source of the code to indicate that it must have been a working sketch, which I now know is not the case as there are at least 2 omissions from the code. I will try to rectify these myself first and if I fail I will come back to the forum for help. I am a new learner to arduino C++ so it will take me time to become familiar with the C language. Thank you all again.

Second I only quoted the source of the code to indicate that it must have been a working sketch

I read it on the internet so it must be true. :wink:

There’s more bad code posted out there than there is good code. Trying to learn by looking at other people code online is a bit like trying to learn to drive from a blind instructor.