I'm new in this world, and i would ask you some informations and advices for my project (i hope this is the right section, if it's not, excuse me ):
i want to use a passive rfid system as a sensor, in which the reader has to read the tag and communicates this to the microcontroller. I've searched some specifics, and i'm interested to the Adafruit PN532.
I know that his range is up to 10 cm, but i need a range 3 time bigger (so 30 cm).
My (big) problem is the cost: my budget for whole system is at most 100-120 €, so i need an rfid reader very cheaper.
So, my questions are:
- is possible to extend the range of Adafruit PN532? If yes, could you tell me (or simply advice me) how to do that?
- If is not possible to extend the range, could you tell me some rfid modulo (cheaper), to connect to some microcontroller, with a range of about 30cm?
The most important specifics for my project are:
- range of coverage of about 30cm;
- 100-120 € for rfid reader, some tags and a microcontroller (any kind);
- any frequancy range (LF, Hf of UHF), just it doesn't exceed the budget range.
Thank you for your answers!!!!