Extension cables needed

I need to move some sensors off the arduino by just a few inches. I could probably just use jumpers for that, but that would be a bit messy. I have been looking on the internet for 6-pin and 8-pin flat ribbon cables with a male connector on one end and a female connector on the other.

So far, no luck at adafruit, sparkfun, mouser, or digikey.
Any ideas?

eBay, you can get ribbon with separate male/female headers on the end

These are the cables:
![](http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NjAwWDYwMA==/z/9ZEAAOxyYI9RyCUm/$(KGrHqZHJC!FG8nVzTiFBRyCUmKCzg~~60_12.JPG)
You can get "Dupont" pin housings to substitute for various numbers and groups of pins.

(To get the pins out of the plastic pin housings, see a little latch on the side? Get something sharp and pokey, like an unbent safety pin, under that little catch and lift it up)

That lovely jumper cable is available in a couple of different lengths, though the 20cm length is by far the most common.

DrAzzy:
To get the pins out of the plastic pin housings, see a little latch on the side? Get something sharp and pokey, like an unbent safety pin, under that little catch and lift it up.

Actually, the smallest in a set of "Jewellers screwdrivers" is the go. The trick is in the finger co-ordination to hold it just up slightly while the other hand pulls the wire out, but not bend it up so far as to damage the latch so that you could re-use it later.