External Power For Arduino Sensors

Hello,

I am new to Arduino projects and am working on plans to develop my first project with an Arduino Mega.

I am concerned that I will need to use an external power source because I am using a lot of sensors and other things in my project. I haven't found a lot of good documentation on this topic but if someone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

My idea is to purchase a 5v 2000ma power adapter and connect the 5v wire and ground to my breadboard.
Will this work for me without doing anything special, and will this be too much power or too little power for the devices I will have connected?

I would also like to leave a little room for expanding with more devices later possibly.

My plans right now are to have have the following items powered and possibly running at the same time just by that power supply:

DS18B20 x 4

Nextion 3.2" Display x 1

16A Relay Module x 3

8 Channel Relay x 1

16x2 LCD Display x 1

RTC Module x 1

Ultra Sonic Sensor x 1

Thank you!

You are going to need external power for the three 16A relays you plan on controlling so this discussion is rather pointless.

3 x 16A = 48 A much greater than 2 A power adapter

Thanks for your reply. I am going to be using 120v power in those relays to power the devices connected to the relays. The 5v power will just be to switch the relays on and off, not power the devices as well.

Will that work or do I have a gap in understanding?

Thanks

It will work fine and probably be way more than necessary, you could do the math and check each sensor for their current draw at 5v (datasheet or product specs) then you'd see how much you have to use with other stuff, I guess this setup will use less than 500Mah. Usb usually provides 500Mah 1000Mah or 2000Mah. But again, don't be lazy and just do the math, it's very simple, just sum the current of each sensor.

caiopoit:
But again, don't be lazy and just do the math, it's very simple, just sum the current of each sensor.

^^^ THIS