External sensor for Tado Smart Radiator Thermostat

Hello everyone,

I have been trying to solve a problem with my Tado Thermostatic Radiator valves not reading the correct room temperature when the radiator is on.

I am a Home Assistant user which I've been running on a Raspberry and I've got a DHT22 hooked up to a Sonoff Switch that I use as room temperature.
I've also written a python script that uses the Home Assistant API to retrieve the real room temperature from the Sonoff/DHT22 sensor and the Tado API to constantly update the offset of the Tado TRV (so that is has the real room temperature even when the radiator is on!)

I am now looking at creating an all in one device and I'm considering Arduino; what I need is:

• WiFi
  • Ability to wire a thermometer to it
  • Ability to run a script (ideally Python) every few minutes to connect to the Tado API servers
  • Ability to get the temperature from the thermometer from within the same script

Would Arduino allow me to do all this?

Arduinos don't run python. Adafruit has some Arduino inspired products that run micro python though. One of those would probably suit your needs.

it doesn't have to be python; it just needs to be able to use API and read json data
I am not a programmer so I don't know which ones can or can't do it; I would guess, C++ can do that as well?