Extra space in SD card with the same limited sketch size

Hi, i expand the Yún disk space with an external micro SD card. The process is ok:

but when i upload the sketch it say this (The maxium is: 28.672 bytes):

I need more space (with my sd card) for the sketch size, what is the problem?

The size indicated by the IDE is not the one of the SD card or the Linux filesystem.

That is the size of the flash memory of the Atmega 32u4 that is the microcontroller that runs the sketch.

i now this, but the original sketch size is very limited (28kb). Can I change the internal root flash memory (sketch) to SD card?

criminalkaoz: i now this, but the original sketch size is very limited (28kb). Can I change the internal root flash memory (sketch) to SD card?

Weird things happening when code gets long:

http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=282256.0

First vertical scale up, move most of business logic from Arduino to AR9331 side. still need resource then vertical scale up to Intel Xeon cores. further do horizontal scale out to Intel Xeon cores farm.

sonnyyu: Sample of horizontal scale out:

The fastest computer under sun is Tianhe-2 (MilkyWay-2)

http://www.top500.org/lists/2014/11/

Which has 3,120,000 Intel Xeon cores. beat ATmega32u4's speed by billion times, beat AR9331's speed by hundred million times

"Running out resource" should be kicked out from dictionary.

criminalkaoz: i now this, but the original sketch size is very limited (28kb). Can I change the internal root flash memory (sketch) to SD card?

No. They are completely unrelated types of memory and have no correlation whatsoever.

No. The FlashROM is an integral part of the chip, there is no way to expand it. You should look into ways to optimize your code instead...

Ralf

criminalkaoz: Hi, i expand the Yún disk space with an external micro SD card. The process is ok:

::::SNIP::::

I need more space (with my sd card) for the sketch size, what is the problem?

criminalkaoz, LOL - funny name.

Okay. To answer your question, the Arduino Yun has two processor. So you can think of it like two separate computers. Even thought they are on the same board (PCB), they work separately, behave differently, and have different resources. The two processors communicate via a Serial port link. The serial link (Serial1) is controlled via the Bridge Library.

Sorry for the long answer on the first part.

To continue, you have two (2) separate processors. They each have their own memory. This includes RAM, ROM (or firmware) and non-volatile storage (EEPROM (ATmega32u4) and SD (Atheros AR9331)).

The SD is attached to the Atheros AR9331. Your sketch runs on the ATmega32u4.

So to be clear, your SD runs on the AR9331, which is NOT directly attached to the sketch. So there is no way that adding a bigger SD can affect your sketch.

Lastly (like others are recommending), if you need more memory for you sketch, consider optimizing your program OR moving some of you code to the Atheros AR9331.

I hope this is clear. TIA Jesse